- All purpose flour / plain flour – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 4 (at room temperature)
- Milk – ¼ cup (at room temperature)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Sliced pineapples with syrup – 2 cans
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- For whipped cream icing
- Heavy whipping cream – 2 cups
- Icing sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla powder – 2 tsp
How to make Pineapple cake / Pineapple pastry?
Watch Video on YouTube;
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Add milk, granulated sugar and vanilla essence in the egg yolks. Beat this mixture until smooth.
- Then beat egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- Now sieve flour and baking powder together into an egg yolk and milk mixture and mix it well.
- Then just fold in your egg whites into the batter gently. Batter should be light and fluffy.
- Pour this batter in a greased cake tin and bake the cake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Allow it cool down on a cooling rack.
- Beat whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Then add icing sugar and vanilla powder and again beat cream until it forms stiff peaks. Please refer to video tutorial to see how to whip the cream in detail.
- Divide the sponge cake into 3 equal parts.
- To assemble the cake, take one sheet of sponge cake and sprinkle pineapple syrup to moist the cake.
- Then spread whipped cream all over and arrange pineapple slices. Place another sponge sheet and repeat the same procedure.
- Place the top layer and cover whole cake with whipped cream and decorate with piping bag.
- Chill in the refrigerator for some time before serving.