For making Stir-fried anchovies, you will need;
- Tiny anchovies (JanMyeolChi) – 2 cups
- Roasted sesame seeds – ½ tbsp
- Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang) – 1 and ½ tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 and ½ tbsp
- Corn syrup – 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 2 big (minced)
- Soy sauce – ½ tbsp
- Anchovy fish sauce – ½ tbsp
- Sesame oil – ½ tbsp
How to make stir fried anchovies?
- Dry roast anchovies for couple of minutes until they turn crispy. Take them out.
- For making sauce, combine all above ingredients and cook over medium heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture continuously.
- When the mixture thickens a little bit, stir in roasted anchovies.
- Mix nicely until anchovies are nicely coated with sauce.
- Finally sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve this side dish with plain rice or red bean rice.