For making shrimp fried rice, you will need;
- Shrimps – 125 grams (around 20-25)
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Cabbage – 1/3 cup (shredded)
- Carrot – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Radish – ¼ cup (cut into small cubes)
- Mushrooms – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Green onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Cloves of garlic – 2 big (minced)
- Vinegar chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Egg -1
- Corn starch – 1 heaped tsp
- Little salt and black pepper powder
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
How to make shrimp fried rice?
- Wash and devein the shrimps. Season them with little salt and black pepper powder. Set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile heat up frying pan with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Mix corn starch with shrimps and mix gently.
- Now put all the shrimps in a frying pan and fry them nicely from both the sides until light brown.
- Take out them on a paper towel.
- Increase the heat before you start making fried rice.
- In the leftover oil, add in garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Then add all the veggies except green onion and season them with little salt and pepper. Stir fry them for a minute.
- Then add vinegar chilli sauce and soy sauce. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked rice and mix. Keep stirring continuously until rice grains are all separated.
- Break one egg and stir fry for a minute.
- Finally add fried shrimps and green onion.
- Mix well and switch off the heat.
- Serve this delicious shrimp fried rice hot with any soup. I served it with hot and sour soup.