Plum jam is one of my favourites. Freshness of lemon and gentle spicy flavour of ginger gives an amazing taste to this jam. Plum jam is an excellent spread on toasted bread. The recipe is pretty simple and you don’t need whole lot ingredients to make it.
recipe yields 3/4 cup of jam
For making Plum Jam, you will need;
- Plums – 9-10 plums
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Ginger – ½ tbsp (minced)
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest – ½ tsp
How to make Plum jam?
- Peel plums and remove the pits, Peeling them is completely optional. Grind them to make a puree.
- Put all above ingredients in a sauce pan along with pureed plums.
- Bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Then reduce the heat to low and allow this mixture to simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. It may take around 10-15 minutes.
- When the mixture thickens and changes its colour to brown, jam is ready.
- Allow it to cool down at room temperature and then serve or keep it in a refrigerator.
- Enjoy with toasted bread.
I always make this jam in a small batch and consume within a week. Do give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Enjoy and have a great weekend