For making Kimchi Fried rice, you will need;
- Kimchi – 2 cups
- Cooked Korean rice – 2 cups (If this rice is not available, you may use any rice of your choice)
- Green onions – 5-6
- Sesame Oil – ½ tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Kimchi water – 1/4 cup (It is nothing but water released by fermented kimchi)
- Eggs – 2
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Kimchi Fried Rice?
- Cut kimchi into small pieces. Place plastic paper while cutting kimchi to avoid stains on cutting board.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add kimchi and cook until all water evaporates.
- Cut green onions into 2 inch pieces.
- Add rice and green onions, kimchi water,sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds and salt to taste.
- Mix well and fry for 6-8 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Now fry 2 eggs separately with pinch of salt and black pepper powder.
- Serve kimchi fried rice along with fried egg. Enjoy!