Being a tuna lover, I always try to embed tuna wherever possible. My experiments with tuna lead to this delicious and flavorful preparation. This is not a standard recipe; I made it the way I like with available ingredients in my pantry. I was not sure about posting the recipe, so I didn’t concentrate on taking good pictures. But after I tasted this rice, I couldn’t resist myself from sharing this recipe. I hope you will like this recipe. Do give it a try some day.
Serves – 2
- Cooked Rice – 2 cups (I used Korean rice)
- Mild Tuna – 1 can
- Mushrooms – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Onion – ½ (thinly sliced)
- Cloves of garlic – 3 (minced)
- Hot pepper – 2 (finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Anchovy fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Some dried seaweed
- Eggs – 2
- Salt to taste
How to make Tuna and mushrooms fried rice?
- In a heated olive oil, add onion, garlic and hot pepper. Saute the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms, anchovy fish sauce, black pepper powder, and little salt. Cook until mushrooms are ¾ done.
- Now add tuna and mix well.
- Cook until water released by mushrooms and tuna evaporates completely.
- Add rice and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add dried seaweed.
- Mix and serve hot with fried egg.