This recipe yields 6 pancakes
- Garlic chives – 1 small bundle
- Korean pancake mix – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Water – 1 and ½ cups
- Hot pepper – 2
- Onion – ½
- Salt to taste
How to make garlic chives pancake?
- Wash garlic chives well under cold running water and drain. Cut them into 2 inch pieces. Slice the onion thinly and also chop the hot peppers very fine.
- In a bowl, add pancake mix, water and salt to taste. Mix well to remove lumps in a batter.
- Add garlic chives, onion, and hot pepper.
- Mix well and batter is ready.
- In a heated pan, add generous amount of oil (in order to get nice brown and crispy pancake). Once oil is hot enough, pour 2 ladlefuls of batter and spread it evenly. Spreading thinly will add more crisp to your pancake.
- Cook until edge of pancake starts to come away from the frying pan sides and turns brown. This is the perfect time to flip the pancake.
- Flip and cook from other side by pressing with spatula. When other side is also brown, your pancake is ready.
- For making this dipping sauce, you will need; Soy sauce – 2 tbsp, Vinegar – 2 tbsp, Sesame oil – 1 tsp, Hot red pepper – ½ (thinly sliced), Spring onion – 1/2 (thinly sliced). Combine all together and your dipping sauce is ready.
- Serve this delicious garlic chives pancake with Korean spicy dipping sauce. Enjoy!