My love for cherry tomatoes is behind invention of this dish. I used leftover rice and dressed it up into this scrumptious dish. It looked pretty and tasted super delicious. Try this dish sometime and I am sure you won’t be disappointed.
Serves – 2
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Little salt if needed
- Cherry tomatoes – 20-25
- Olive oil – ½ tbsp
- Cloves of garlic – 6
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Little salt
- Green onions – 3-4
- In a hot pan, add rice, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Mix well and stir fry for couple of minutes. Add salt if needed.
- In a non stick pan, scramble the eggs.
- Mix scrambled eggs with rice.
- To make sauce, cut cherry tomatoes in halves. Mince the garlic and chop white parts of green onions. Use green part for garnishing.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil. Once oil is hot enough, add garlic and white part of green onions. Sauté for few seconds until raw smell from garlic goes away.
- Add cherry tomatoes, soy sauce, chilli sauce, sugar, black pepper powder, and very little salt.
- Mix well and cook just for a minute until tomatoes turn bit soft. Switch off the heat.
- Place rice in a serving plate. Pour tangy cherry tomato sauce on it and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot.