Have you ever tried homemade salt scrub on your skin? If no then let me tell you my experience. I tried this homemade salt scrub several times and believe me, I got wonderful results. I feel more rejuvenated, energetic every time I use it. It is cheap and all ingredients are easily available at your kitchen pantry.
- You need to use sea salt to make this scrub as it is detoxifying skin cleanser and helps in removing dirt from your skin. If your skin is too sensitive to bear salt, make use of granulated sugar.
- Lemon juice is very helpful for skin with pimples and acne as it helps to clear dirt and bacteria on skin that can cause pimples and it also lightens the dark spots.
- Honey helps in nourishing your skin and makes it soft.
- You can make various versions of scrub by adding skin nutritive oils are almond oil, coconut oil, safflower oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, peanut oil, rosehip oil, sesame oil, macadamia nut oil, sunflower oil and olive oil. The choice is yours. Pick the oil of your choice and you are ready to go.
Recipe for making salt scrub
- Sea salt – 1 cup
- Lemon zest – 1 tbsp (can be replaced with orange zest)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Almond Oil – ½ cup
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Take oil in a mixing bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Then add lemon zest and honey. Again mix well and your homemade salt scrub is ready.
Store into air tight container and use it once a week. For better results take a hot water bath to open skin pores and then gently scrub your body and rinse well.Try this simple homemade scrub and share your experiences. Thanks and have a blissful day!